Thursday, February 16, 2012

Stairway to lettuce


Leave it to Sweden to build an 18 story urban greenhouse!! Sustainable farming on a large scale is not just imagined but also built. My wish would be unadulterated foods, grown locally, for populations, at an affordable price. Call me a dreamer. My late night, sleepy eyed theory is: if made accessible and affordable, there would be a decrease in health related issues from those areas. I have done a fair amount of research reading about foods, food corporations, condensed power and greed. I have come to the conclusion that right now, the love of money, has seized our government! This realization anguished in my heart that bleeds red, white, and blue. Sadly, I cannot trust the FDA or USDA to make choices that are in the best interest of my family concerning nutrition, right now. The growing consciousness gives me hope we may effect change. This glorious greenhouse pictured could mean salvation from genetically altered, chemically treated, highly processed foods. If we can dream it....we can build it. Sounds like something someone famous would say. Ha! Read the article here---->  http://grist.org/list/sweden-builds-18-story-greenhouse/

No comments:

Post a Comment